Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Inspiration from the Safe Trestle's Competition

So recently I went to the following website (which I would recomend to anyone creating virtual designs, http://studiowikitecture.wordpress.com/) and noticed how this design had an element of connectivity and the idea of bringing people together with the multiple walkways and seating areas that traversed the landscape.



I then considered the landscape of Putahi and how people who may be visiting my office, travel across the landscape. This made me realize that the general hilly landscape, combined with some sever drops into lakes of water, would not be the most ideal place for a person with disabilities, like for example a person in a wheelchair, to travel from office space to office space.



Therefore, taking not of my one journal "Access by design" I am considering building a few walkways that leave from my architecture office, that would allow access to my visoters to nearby offices, making my office a central hub for those whose mobility may be limited. I will have to talk to my fellow neighbours first, but I believe this feature could be a vital aspect of my design.

0 comments:

Post a Comment