Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Combining "DETAIL" and "METROPOLIS"



For the images I am planning on using, they have to really portray the essence of Architecture to be educational and in an indepth way that I can effectively communicate visually. For this reaosn I created the above bubble diagram so that I could understand what I personally believe Architecture to be. This has created a series of topics and ideas that I plan on going into through the use of visuals. I will concentrate on the History and development of Architecture, as well as modern architecture and sustainability. I will look for images of the way architects have conveyed these ideas through the use of drawings and visuals. Plus I will focus on the works of world-famous architects, that have contributed much to society and created famous works of art.
For this I went to the Architectural Library and found the following books which I plan as using as references.
1. Architectura: elements of architectural style, by Miles Lewis (call number 72.03 A673ml)
2. New Architecture:an international atlas, by Francisco Asensio (call number 72.036.6 A816n)
3. Twenty Buildings every architect should understand, by Simon Unwin (call number 72.036.6 U62)
4. Top Architects of the World, by Mary Cambert (call number 72.036.6 C174)
These four books contain excellent resources and visual that I plan on using to help with the design of my architectural office as well as for my Alpha Channel

0 comments:

Post a Comment