Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Metropolis

This magazine I found to be a good place to look for different ideas and inspiration, as it shows all the latest in designs, technology, architecture and products. It describes the magazine as examining "contemporary life through design - architecture, interior desig, product design, graphic design, crafts, planning, and preservation".

Due to this broad range of topics, I was having difficulty in trying to decide how I could effectively educate visoters to my office about this magazine, until I found the answer looking at me from every page. This magazine is almost like a shopping list for all designers, as almost every page occupies a large advertisement of a new product or design ranging in any of the above mentioned categories. While the journal "DETAIL" contains mostly writing with a few small images, this magazine has been designed for visual impact as their are large glossy pictures of designs of every page. It is very aesthetically pleasing and describes new procuts and designs through the use of visuals instead of written text.

With Architecture being a creative subject, I then thought, that I could educate visoters about the style of this magazine and how it is so effective through the use of large visuals throughout the office that would be eye-catching as well as informative. To make it informative I will combine it with my idea to educate people about the "DETAIL" magazine by using images that contain important architectural works, the history of architecure, 21st century architecture, and images that really define the meaning of architecture. For this I'm going to need to do some serious researching in the Architectural Library.




0 comments:

Post a Comment