Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Detail: Zeitschrift fur Architektur und Baudetail

For this journal I switched to the English version as shown, so that I could understand the purpose or meaning of the journal.

I discovered that it is a review of architecture and construction details with a discussion board, reports, documentation, technology and products that are available.

It focuses on the construction and detail involved within amazing design accomplishments, and praises them for this detail. Each new edition also has a main focus it builds on, like the Volume 2010, 1, focused on the relationship between old and new buildings.

The documentation part of this magazine show various design accomplishments but also uses formal drawings like cross-sections to show the detail in important elements of a design.

From this journal, construction details receive an added element of design and creativity, that usually escapes it as simply the mathematics of the building. I have learnt the importance of the construction as a design feature.

This journal has educated me about the detail and construction of a building or design through detailed formal drawings that an architect would draw to see how and if it would function, and for builders and developers to use as a reference. I believe I could educate the important meaning of these formal drawings as references in my office space, by showing the detail and construction in an office; the main components of an Architectural Office Space and how it functions.




0 comments:

Post a Comment