Friday, September 10, 2010

THRASHOLD

My thrashold design is about breaking the thresholds that seperate the different groups between the courtyard and the studio. This includes the heirarchies between the different year levels, between students and lecturers/tutors and between Architecture students versus the entire NICAI faculty.

Initially I started with my 3D Scan of my polariods stacked up together with a central axis point. I then used this shape with its folds, small and large areas to create an area that is centralized between the two areas. I looked at the knots on trees, the shapes that were possible, and a design with a central hub with secluded areas or areas for 2 or 3 people.

This area is a place where all could visit from the courtyard and studio and where they could come to teach/learn/explore/think and discover new things through observation.












All of my research and design ideas where done on this one A1 piece of paper as I was in the 'PAPER' group this time. This involved using various methods and mediums on the paper, and considering what should all be on the page. My two A3 sheets are part of it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment